He very thoughtfully gave me the leaflett he received at Heathrow today, I hate terrorists, I always take only hand luggage to avoid having to wait hours waiting to get my things, they just make everything more difficult! Bastards!
NOTICE TO ALL PASSENGERS -Articles Allowed Airside
Please note due to enhanced Department for Transport security measures with immediate effect no personal items, including food or drink of any kind, may be taken airside by passengers untill further notice with the following exeptions:
- Wallets and pocket-sized purses plus contents(for example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags))
- Travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets)
- Prescription medicines and medical items sufficent and essential for the flight (eg: Diabetic kit) exept in liguid form unless verified as authentic
- Spectacles/sunglasses without cases
- Contact lens holders (without bottles of solution)
- For those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and sanitary items sufficent and essential for the flight (mappies(their spelling), wipes, ceams and nappy disposal bags)
- Female sanitary items sufficent and essential for the flight if unboxed (eg: tampons, pads, towels and wipes)
- Tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs
- Keys (but NO electrical keyfobs including car remote locking devices)
All other items must be checked in as hold-baggage, preferably by placing items within suitcases. Permitted items may be carried in plastic carrier bags as provided by airport staff.
Please note that enhanced measures are also in place at security control which may cause some delay in processing.
So now, the days of travelling light and quick are gone! God damn those bastards!