Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Evil Empire


Europe is not so much a league of nations, it seems it is an empire! So says José Manuel Barroso the President of the European Commission(and former marxist)

"Sometimes I like to compare it to compare the EU as a creation to the organisation of empires. We have the dimension of Empire but there is a great difference. Empires were usually made with force with a centre imposing diktat, a will on the others. Now what we have is the first non-Imperial empire. We have 27 countries that fully decided to work together and to pool their sovereignty. I believe it is a great construction and we should be proud of it. At least, we in the Commission are proud of it."

Well, I never thought of Europe as an Empire, but I suppose as our emperor in waiting has said, it most likely will form an empire in Europe crushing our ancient liberties(whats left of them) and assuming absolute power over our lives.

Well, I feel so much better now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When this crisis has abated, these powers I will lay down!

Fidothedog said...

An empire that the UK should leave.

Anonymous said...

A Free Man - you really should link to www.majorityrights.com

You will find some common cause with them.

Brantigny said...

Like the do nothing League? in the words of shirley Temple...OH my goodness!

de Brantigny

Thanks for adding my blog to your Tories sites. Merci et remerci...